BSAR Training and Member Events
BSAR holds an annual training weekend, a steep snow and ice weekend and, as required, specific training days for equipment familiarisation or new search procedures.
- Williamstown, 9.00am to 4.00pm, with Police Search and Rescue. Limited to 50 participants.
- Annual training weekend for all current and prospective BSAR members near Chewton.
27-29 Jul 2018 – BSAR Steep Snow and Ice Training, The Razorback (specialist training, not for all members)
22-23 Sep 2018. Avalanche Safety Training (AST1) Melbourne (Sat) On-snow training at Mt. Buller or Mt Stirling (Sun)
Thu 25 Oct 2018 – BSAR Members Night, Elgin Inn Hotel, 75 Burwood Rd, Hawthorn. 7pm for dinner.
Sun 18 Nov 2018. Field Organiser Training Day, Williamstown
Sat 2 March 2019. GPS Skills day at Jell’s Park.
Committee meetings – 2018
- Mon 5 Feb, MCH East Melbourne
- Mon 19 Mar, MCH East Melbourne
- Mon 4 Jun, MCH East Melbourne
- Mon 23 Jul, MCH East Melbourne
- Mon 10 Sep, MCH East Melbourne
- Mon 19 Nov, Williamstown, then dinner at Customs House Hotel
Committee meetings are held on Mondays at 6pm.
BSAR committee comprises Club Delegates, Police Liaison Officers, Field Organisers, Secretary. BSAR members are also welcome to attend any of these meetings.
MCH: East Melbourne MCH Centre, East Melbourne Powlett Reserve, cnr Grey and Simpson Streets
Police SAR: Victoria Police SAR, 100 Nelson Place Williamstown