Sun 22 Oct 2017 06:00. 24 BSAR searchers joined a search for a missing woman near Tyers Junction in Gippsland. The missing woman was found in by a DELWP vehicle involved in the search and brought to the search base at Caringal Scout Camp. She was in good health but hungry after a night out in the bush.
Mon 9 Oct. BSAR were called out for search for a missing person near Sugarloaf Reservoir.
Tue 10 – Thu 12 Oct BSAR searchers contributed over 35 person-days to the search. The missing person has not been found. BSAR involvement has now concluded.
- Dr John Forster: police search for missing academic near Sugarloaf Reservoir, Herald Sun
- Police search hills near Sugarloaf Reservoir for scientist missing since Saturday, The Age
- Missing man John Forster may be ‘disoriented’ after bushwalking near Sugarloaf Reservoir – ABC News (Australian Broadcasting Corporation) :
Wed 4 Oct 1720. BSAR were called out for search for missing person near Aireys Inlet, departing Thursday morning.
Thu 5 Oct 0800. 25 BSAR members searchers for the field, the missing person was not found.
24 Sep 2017, 0600 Eight BSAR members travelling from Melbourne to search in South Gipplsand.
24 Sep 2017, 0900 Missing person located, BSAR team returned to Melbourne
Fri 15 Sep 2017. 18:05 A search call-out was issued for a missing person on Mount Bogong. A North-East BSAR team of three ascended Staircase spur during the night.
Sat 16 Sep 2017.
- Sixteen BSAR searchers departed from Melbourne by bus at 2 a.m and met another two North East members at search base at Mount Beauty Police Station.
- Six BSAR teams and Police SAR members ascended Mount Bogong, searched all day then camped out overnight in tents and huts. Conditions on ridges and slopes were icy. There were concerns about avalanche hazard due to recent snowfall and wind.
Thu 24 Aug 2017. 10:20 Eight BSAR members joined the search for a missing person at Willung South, south of Traralgon after he was reported missing yesterday.
The 79-year-old was located deceased during the afternoon by searchers. The BSAR team returned late in afternoon.
Fri 19 May 2017. 21:00 BSAR members were called out to assist with a search for a missing deer hunter near Tamboritha Saddle in Gippsland.
Sat 20 May 2017. Eleven BSAR members participated in the search. Some of the terrain was steep and very difficult to search. The deer hunter was found by a Maffra SES search team around midday and was able to walk out with a search party. The BSAR crew returned on Saturday night.
Our thanks to the 11 BSAR searchers who attended and the 6 who responded to the second callout that was cancelled.
Our thanks also to the Police Transport Branch for their usual excellent service and their coach, Parks Victoria for making facilities available, the Police Field Kitchen for their much appreciated meals and of course Police Search and Rescue for their search coordination and 4WD transport.
Mon 26 Sep 2016. 16:30 BSAR members were called out to assist with a search for a missing person in the Grampians. Police and family members held grave fears for the missing person’s wellbeing from the outset.
Tue 27 Sep. 21 BSAR members attended.
Wed 28 Sep. Search scaled down due to imminent storm event. BSAR members returned to Melbourne 9:00 p.m. The missing person was not found. Police and Parks Victoria will continue searching.
- Gerald VanDerWerf: Search continues for St Kilda man in Victoria’s Grampians – ABC News
- Concern for man missing in Grampians – The Standard
Saturday 20/08/16. BSAR was called out for a search for a missing person near Yea
Sunday 21/08/16. Sixteen BSAR members attended the search alongside SES and CFA crews and returned to Melbourne the same day. The missing person was not found.