Steep Snow and Ice alpine training was held on 29-31 July 2016 at Bogong Village/Falls Creek in cold and wet conditions. The training included travelling in alpine environments, snow and ice safety, rescue techniques, using crampons and ice axes and sled haulage on steep terrain.
The May 2016 edition of Behind the Log, Bush Search and Rescue’s newsletter, can be downloaded [here] (PDF).
- Lerderderg Search, 18 February 2016
- Sawmill Settlement Search, 26-28 April 2016
- New Search Equipment Storage Arrangements
- Emergency Services Volunteers Leaders Forum
- Steep Snow and Ice Training 29-31 July 2016
- BSAR Annual Training Weekend 15-17 July 2016
The weekend provided BSAR members and other interested experienced bushwalkers with training in skills for bush and alpine search and rescue. The program included exercises on first aid, treating hypothermia, using Bothy shelters, building survival shelters, evacuating a patient using Sked stretchers, radio use, navigation and night searching.